Sunday Summary // 23.07.2017

23 July 2017

Sunday Summary
This week has all centred around a cold for me. I woke up with the sniffles last Saturday, nothing to fuss about, but then when I got up Sunday my throat was sore, my nose was running and I generally felt miserable and it only got worse as my one ear was fuzzy and I stopped being able to breath through my nose no matter how much I blew it and I definitely held a passing resemblance to Rudolph with how much nose blowing I was doing. It was not fun. Then came the dreaded cough! I would fall into coughing fits that made people think I was dying but it was just a tickle in my throat I couldn’t shift. My manager even told me to pack up early one day (which just fuelled my justification in acting like I was on the brink of death, man flu ain’t got nothing on me and my drama queen levels) so yeah. My cold really has been the focus of my week. I forgot how not good crying with a cold was, though. I watched Murdered For Being Different on iPlayer and it was fantastic and really highlights that prejudice is a thing and it sucks, but I watched that and ended up crying (because that was inevitable really) and it was just snot everywhere, which I know you all wanted to know.

On a more positive note I saw Wonder Woman last Saturday and didn’t fall asleep in the cinema. I liked a whole heap about that film, I mean there was a strong ‘I am woman hear me roar’ feelings whilst watching and Gal Gadot was an excellent Wonder Woman. I think me and my friend might have been a little sleep tired because we laughed far more than was probably necessary but it was a good film. Now… don’t hate me… but I did think it was a little cheesy. Like, I get it’s totally awesome and I will not disparage a film which is all about a female superhero but I felt like it might have been a bit overhyped so I was expecting so much and so it was never going to reach the staggering heights I expected. I would watch again but yeah, it was cheesy and my friend agreed.

Apart from dying from a cold it’s been a quiet week. I’ve got some plans over the next few weeks to actually go out and be social! I’m most excited about going to a Greek restaurant near to me with some folks from work. I am such a fussy eater so trying somewhere different like that is always a bit risky but the menu looks good so I’m really excited for that.

Otherwise, it’s been all about my holiday the past week. I bought a few clothes to take with me and now I’m getting all excited I’ve found myself a sunny yellow suitcase I’ll be buying for my trip (the extra large suitcase I took for my fortnight long holiday a few years back felt a little excessive) so that’s got me all excited. I just can’t wait! I am very excited about this holiday and it’ll only get worse as we get closer to September but I can handle that.

What I’ve Been Reading

Tone DeafPast PerfectThe Sea King
My slump has lessened. I’ve read three books this week and I am very happy about that. Maybe I am taking a summer reading break? I enjoyed Tone Deaf, I’m glad I managed to get hold of a cheap copy as it was a great read, even if the romance did have me rolling my eyes a little, it was enjoyable and I loved the deaf representation. Then I read Past Perfect as I was on a contemporary YA roll and it was such a good book. Glad I snapped up a copy when I had a chance and it gave me strong history feels. Then there was The Sea King and hot damn was that a good sequel. I loved how it continues an excellent story and it was pretty damn enjoyable to read. I did have some grumbles, though. I have a full review to write soon but yeah… that won’t e for a while yet. I loved it a whole heap and have a whole lot of flailing to do about this read but there were a couple of things I had reservations about and I will talk about those in my review so yeah. A good reading week overall.

New To Me

Island of ExilesBy Her Touch
I’ve been pretty tame with new book purchases. Just two (although I am totally eyeing up a few more as my slump ends I feel more justified in acquiring new books). I totally blame Danya for the purchase of Island of Exiles because she raved about it and then it went down in price for Kindle and so then I bought it. Fingers crossed it’s as good as I think it will be. And then By Her Touch was a book I probably should have waited to buy until I’d read the first book but it was 49p and what girl can say no to buying a 49p ebook?
Here We Are Now
I also got a single book for review this week. it turned up in the post and I was so excited because it’s so pretty! Look at that cover and tell me you don’t find it so pretty. I cannot wait to start reading!

And that is my week. I have stopped my sniffling and have begun to get my reading mojo back and so it’s been a pretty awesome week all things considered. How has your week been? Any good books or bookish things you want to talk about?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.