Five Reasons To… Watch Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

06 January 2017

download
Genre: Fantasy
The year is 1926, and Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
Someone mentioned in a comment a little while ago that they wanted a review of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them after I said I watched it a couple of weeks back. I have been meaning to write it ever since.

I will begin by saying I am a massive Harry Potter fan. I haven’t indulged in the blackhole of my obsession for a while and this film definitely makes me want to. I have to say that there isn’t a way to review this film. Instead I will give you five reasons you should be watching this film already.

Newt Scamander

tumblr_inline_ohmqpxxoD41ryykqc_500
I think one of the reasons I loved this film so much was because Eddie Redmayne was so utterly charming in his portrayal of Newt Scamander. Newt is this awkward person who fails epically at speaking with people. Just, human interaction in general is not his forte. Instead, he understands and studies animals. He is always trying to do the right things but he doesn’t always go about it in the right way. My favourite scene is the one where he is dancing trying to attract the attention of one of his beasts which have escaped.

Fantastic Beasts (They Are Adorable and Hilarious)

large
I have a serious need for both a Niffler and a Bowtruckle after watching this film. I mean, combine the two together and I may begin my life of crime. It would be seriously amazing. I’d have my Bowtruckle picking locks and getting me out of trouble and I’d have my Niffler doing the theft of all the shiny things. The places that creature can get into is spectacular. And they can hoard so much stuff within them. It’s magic, really. It helps they are both amazingly adorable.
tumblr_oh0otsDZhA1rszoo3o4_r1_500

Prohibition Era Wizarding World

tumblr_oigjzkS6aF1rszoo3o4_r1_540
I didn’t realise this was a thing I wanted and needed in my life until watching this film. But it is. Also, have you seen the clothes! And the set design itself! It is just absolutely stunning. I mean, the clothing was so pretty! Then there was the subtle things added in to make in look like 1920s New York with a wizarding world twist. It’s just awesome. And I loved the little glimpses of Harry Potter history we get as well. I love when a world gets fleshed out.

It Was A Good Addition To The World Which Can’t Anger Folk (Mostly)

tumblr_oav1m8lbPK1uy3ut1o2_500[4]
Look, I was as excited as everyone else for the release of The Cursed Child in bookish form (even though it’s a play) but hot damn was it a let down. I adored it because it’s Harry Potter and it elements and character I absolutely adored… but that storyline was a hot mess that would have only been written in fanfiction land… and even then it would probably be a crack-fic so I get why everyone was up in arms about it. Fantastic Beasts has only annoyed folks in one way and that is with the casting of one of the characters. Otherwise, that film is flawless.

Also, Did I Tell You The Characters Are Awesome And The Storyline Rocks?

tumblr_ogwogtQSID1r8jzago1_540
Look, I’m struggling to think of smart reasons for you to watch. Basically, it’s a really good film. It’s a solid storyline with some really fabulous characters and it deserves your love. I mean, I liked the characters you don’t even like that much. I mean, Tina and Queenie were awesome and I most definitely want to know more about them. I want to know more. I want to know what Newt learnt and what he writes in his book. I want to know more about all of them. I want to know what happens with Jacob because he was adorable and most probably my favourite. I just want more.

Have you seen Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them yet? Did you like it? If you haven’t have I successfully persuaded for you to give it a try? Or are you waiting for the DVD release?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.