Looking Forward // December

02 December 2016

Looking Forward_zps3hettxt8.png
Looking Forward is a regular feature on the blog where I let you know which books I’m looking forward to in the month. They are all books I’m looking forward to being released and want to know if you’re excited about them too.

December is always a slower month for book releases. There are fewer books out which I’m interested in reading and it always feels a bit like the book releases are in wind down for the end of the year too. I will never complain of this fact because it always deludes me into thinking I have time to play catch up before the new year and more books get released. So what am I looking forward to for the end of the year?

51z WuWYfLL
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: 6th December 2016
29605907
Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk
Release Date: 15th December 2016
Lincoln Mathis is legendary for his exploits with the ladies. As Oxford's go-to guy for one-liners, one-night stands, and all things no-strings-attached, Lincoln has yet to meet a woman he couldn't charm into his bed - until he meets the magazine's new copy editor. Shy, bookish, and adorably awkward, she should be grateful for the attention of a handsome bachelor. But to Lincoln's surprise, the harder he tries to win her over, the more she dodges him. Lincoln swore he'd never make himself vulnerable again - but for Tori, he's going to have to break all his rules.
Victoria Blake knows Lincoln's type all too well, and she has zero interest in becoming one more notch in his belt. After winding up as the butt of a mean-spirited prank in college, Tori learned not to believe that a gorgeous playboy could truly be interested in someone like her. And Lincoln is definitely a gorgeous playboy. But the more she gets to know him, the more she suspects that Lincoln's sleazy swagger is a facade, carefully crafted to hide his pain. And maybe Tori can be the one to heal his broken heart - even if it means risking her own.
The third title in Genevieve Cogman's clever and exciting The Invisible Library series, The Burning Page is an action-packed literary adventure!
 
When it's your job to save the day - where do you start?
 
Librarian spy Irene has standards to maintain, especially while on probation. And absconding from a mission via a besieged building doesn't look good. But when her escape route home goes up in flames, what's a spy to do? However, it seems Gates back to the Library are malfunctioning across dozens of worlds. Worse still, her nemesis Alberich is responsible -and he plans to annihilate the Library itself.
 
Irene and assistant Kai are posted to St Petersburg, to help combat this threat. Here Alberich emerges, as Irene tries to save her friend Vale and foil assassination attempts. Then one incredibly dangerous opportunity to save the Library emerges. Saving herself would be a bonus . . .
 
Irene's adventures feature stolen books, secret agents and forbidden societies - think Doctor Who but with librarian spies!







Why Am I Excited?


I’ve not even started this series and I’m excited about this book being released. I’m a convert to the greatness which is Lauren Layne and her writing. Combine my love for her writing and the summary for this book and I am so excited to get my hands on a copy (even if it will be my grubby digital hands) and get to start reading.

Why Am I Excited?



I loved the first two books in this series. They were a perfect balance of fun and interesting. I mean, a library of spies where librarian’s are tasked with entering alternate universes and different time periods to collect a copy of various rare and interesting texts? That sounds amazing and the first two books delivered with it. I can only hope the third book is just as fun and interesting and I am just as hooked on the character’s stories this time.
32812682
(also known as Spindle)
Genre: Fantasy, Retelling, Young Adult
Release Date: 15th December 2016
30971360
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Release Date: 27th December 2016
The world is made safe by a woman...but it is a very big world.


It has been generations since the Storyteller Queen drove the demon out of her husband and saved her country from fire and blood. Her family has prospered beyond the borders of their village, and two new kingdoms have sprouted on either side of the mountains where the demons are kept prisoner by bright iron, and by the creatures the Storyteller Queen made to keep them contained.

But the prison is crumbling. Through years of careful manipulation, a demon has regained her power. She has made one kingdom strong and brought the other to its knees, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. When a princess is born, the demon is ready with the final blow: a curse that will cost the princess her very soul, or force her to destroy her own people to save her life.

The threads of magic are tightly spun, binding princess and exiled spinners into a desperate plot to break the curse before the demon can become a queen of men. But the web of power is dangerously tangled--and they may not see the true pattern until it is unspooled.
From the author of How Not to Fall comes an electrifying, powerful new story about love, trust, and emotional surrender.


Once upon a time, med student Annie Coffey set out to have a purely physical fling with Charles Douglas, a gorgeous British doctor in her lab. It didn’t quite work out that way. Instead, secrets—and desires—were bared, hearts were broken, and Annie knew she had to leave this complicated, compelling man who remains convinced he can never give her what she needs.

Walking away is one thing. Staying away is another. Annie and Charles reunite at a London conference, rekindling a friendship they struggle to protect from their intense physical connection. Little by little, Annie gets a glimpse into Charles’s dark past and his wealthy, dysfunctional family. Soon, she’s discovering what it means to have someone claim her, body and soul. And she’s learning that once in a lifetime you find a love that can make you do anything…except let go.

Why Am I Excited?


I know a lot of people weren’t impressed with the first book in this series. A Thousand Nights was this magical, beautifully written retelling which was inevitably compared to The Wrath & The Dawn as they were released close to each other. I feel like that doesn’t even begin to do that book justice, though. It was a really beautifully written book that just enticed me somehow and I really enjoyed it so was excited to see this book coming out. It sounds like an interesting retelling and I hope it will be just as enchanting as the first book. I really cannot wait to get a hold of a copy.

Why Am I Excited?


I’d almost forgotten about this book until Kaja messaged me about what an emotional rollercoaster the first book was and how much she was enjoying it. I instantly remembered how much I loved the book and remembered there was a second book coming out. When I found out it was the end of this month and that the book was on Netgalley available to request it doesn’t take a genius to figure out what happened next. Now I have this waiting TBR on my Kindle and I am a very happy bunny.

This book does angsty romance right and makes science sexy. It’s genius. Go read the first when and then flail with me in excitement about this coming out. Also, I here Foster’s book Come As You Are is a pretty fantastic read.
And as you can see, my books are limited. I’m sure I’ve missed a book off but these are the ones which are on my radar for December. What books are you looking forward to this month? Any books I’ve missed off and you can’t believe isn’t there? And have you read any of the books mentioned and have words to say about them? All goes below.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.