Sunday Summary // 12.06.2016

12 June 2016

Sunday Summary
Hi people. And how are we today? I have had a bit of a week. It’s had it’s ups and it’s downs and really, I’m just glad it’s Sunday and I have no plans to leave the house today, I am exhausted and I deserve to relax.

I wish I could pinpoint exact reasons for my strong need to sit at home and do nothing and I think it’s mostly linked to my pets need to wake me by 7am everyday. I adore them to bits but I am feeling a strong urge to launch them out the window every time they do this.

My other reason for wanting to spend the day as a hermit is the fact that I have had so much family drama going on in the past week and feel like I deserve the chance to hide away to make sure nothing else will happen. I won’t go into everything but my nan took a funny turn and got the medics out the other day. Thankfully, she is alright (although stuck with a lingering chest infection) but that was stressful as they tried calling my mom who then had to relay to me to try and get in contact people and it was basically a palaver. And then my stepsister went into hospital as well which stressed my stepdad out while he was on holiday. Everyone was trying to get me to contact people and I had no clue what was going on and it was all very ridiculous. She’s ok now and everything got sorted, in the end, but seriously! My week was ridiculous.

After the medical dramas of my family I deserve a strong cup of coffee, lots of chocolate, and a day of slobbing out on the sofa, right?

On to more bookish news…I’m excited about something new I’m trying with my books. I have had a huge pile of books I’ve needed to get rid of for a while (it’s ridiculous, I’ll put a picture below but figure my terrible skills it was taken on my phone in very poor lighting). I kept thinking I was going to make the effort, at some point to trade them in. But didn’t. Then, after I did my used books post, Nicole commented saying she uses a website to bookswap. Now, I know people do it on Twitter and I remember my mom using a site a few years back, but I’ve never really gotten into it. I decided this weekend to give it a try. I’ve already got two book swaps arranged and I’m excited to potentially get more new books to read. Is it annoying I now need to get something to post them in and go to the post office? A little bit, but it’s also fun to find new things to read, especially when I’ve got so many books to get rid of. Has anyone else done some book swapping before?
20160612_083221

What I’ve Been Reading

3.78112451604655025613374
As you can see, my reading hasn’t been as voracious as other weeks. I am still reading What If as the science confuses me when I read too much of it in one go. I spent far too many days reading Bitten, but it took me a while to get into the story and then I finished it in a day once that happened as I was hooked. As for The Falconer, I didn’t love it but I’m interested enough to want to read the next book. I can’t decide if that means it was good or not. And finally I’m reading Armada so I can finish the first batch of library books I have which are due back in a couple of weeks. It’s weird, but alright I think.

New To Me

26227280236563462937234210191879227749882742016428175701
Erm… I wish I had an appropriate excuse. But I don’t.

I went to the library to return some books and found out a couple of reserved items had come in and then I ended up coming out with three new books to read. Those are The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, The Square Root of Summer and The Shadow Queen. They're all books I wasn’t quite willing to buy but wanted to read.

The rest of my purchases? They were cheap, how could I say no? I got Signs Point To Yes (I liked Sandy Hall’s last book and this one sound alright), Easy Love (it’s set in New Orleans… it’s a weakness) and Honesty for 99p each on Kindle. I could hardly say no at those prices. And The Survival Kit was less than £5 and a hardback! Only an idiot wouldn’t purchase at that price. I’ve been wanting to read it for a while but the Kindle copy was too expensive for my digital tastes. It looks so pretty on my shelf, fingers crossed it meets expectations now.

So how have your weeks been? Tell me about the books you’ve read, your experiences with book swapping and life in general below.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.