Sunday Summary // 29.05.2016

29 May 2016

Sunday Summary
It’s time for the last Sunday Summary of May and I’m excited to fill you in on my week. Not that my week has been any different from any other week, I’m just excited to get blogging again.

I gave myself a mini blogging break this week. It wasn’t intentional or planned, it really only happened because I got busy reading and seeing people. I posted just one post on Tuesday and had every intention to get some blogging done during the week but things just kept popping up instead. I found myself having read no blog posts, replied to practically no comments and basically just having a relaxing week instead. I didn’t even really turn my laptop on, which is very unusual for me. It’s so nice to take little breaks from blogging now and again. It’s like recharging your batteries. I’ve written several blog posts today and I’ve got ideas bouncing around in my head and I feel motivated again. Maybe I should give myself more breaks?

This week was an excellent reading week (more on that later) and also a good week for doing things. I finally got around to watching the new Captain America film on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I also discovered the wonders of my local cinema’s VIP seats. They have a cup holder, a twisty table and (most importantly) they recline! They are so big and so comfortable and it means no more trying to avoid sitting in a seat behind a giant because they are perfectly tiered to avoid this. I will never go back to regular seating now I have experienced such luxury.

The film was good too.

I then had to deal with some friend drama on Thursday. I played councillor and ear to rant in. I can’t say my advice was the best, but I tried. I won’t reveal all, but there was work drama and turns out I’m not the only person working for a crazy company, she also had complaints about talking and things like that. What is wrong with the world?

I ended up buying a few things Friday (it’s my brother’s fault, he wanted to watch the last X-Men film before we see the new one next week so I ended up buying all of them on Blu-ray and then a few books just fell into my basket along the way) and I managed to order my Fairyloot box for July before they sold out in 24 hours! I am so excited to see what will come in that one, and I can’t wait for my June one to arrive. I think a general chat about book subscription boxes may have to happen soon because I want to know other’s thoughts on them.

What I’ve Been Reading

2351031112296601284187642586300720
As you can see, I have been on a roll with my reading. I read Falling Fast Sunday evening as I needed something light (it was less light than I expected, but still enjoyable).

I then took a day to recover and read fanfiction before I began reading Second Chance Summer. I forgot how good Matson’s writing was until I began reading that, I did have to put it down, though, because I almost started crying on the bus home Tuesday, not a good look. I’m just the crazy girl crying in the corner. I had to speed read it Tuesday night and finished just before I left for work Wednesday so I was red-faced and slightly puffy eyed from crying. It’s good, though, it’s the kind of crying where you feel for the characters and can’t help yourself.

As for the rest of my reads, Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet was alright but not ground-breaking. Definitely unique. I enjoyed Every Exquisite Thing but the book did feel a bit abrupt in some ways. And I started Night Owls yesterday and just knew I was going to enjoy it from the first page. I love that feeling of loving the writing as soon as you've started.

New To Me

252382242875769930250685194634319728072029614615289382172561337422999348160465502621888923301545
Yeah… well… you see… I have a problem, OK? In my defence the last 5 books are from the library and The Shadow Hour and Sing are both NetGalley requests. The rest were purchased, though. I won’t buy any more books this month, though. I promise.

How has your week been? Has anyone treated them self to a break from blogging and felt better for it? And have you read any of the books I’ve gotten, which should I read next?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.