Sunday Summary: 24.05.2015

24 May 2015

Sunday Summary

It’s another bank holiday weekend!

 

If you aren’t British you may not fully appreciate how exciting this is, but bank holiday weekends are what we Brits live for. And this is the last one until August, and after August? Well… it’s a long dark winter after that where we all hold out for Christmas. But enough about how excited I am about three day weekends and more about my week.

 

I’ve been busy! One of my friends is leaving for Australia next week so I’ve been trying to fit in as much social time with her as possible before she leaves me. This meant going for Japanese food at Miyako Teppanyaki in Birmingham and experiencing my first taste of Japanese food. Did I like it? Yes, it was quite tasty, but damn there is a lot of food offered in those set menus. I felt so full afterwards I wanted to lie down and let me food digest, but I resisted. Mostly because I needed to get a move on for us all to get the train. I became one of those people who took photos of their food, I did resist the urge to instagram it though. That was a fun evening, although tiring because I’d been out of the house all day working in Leamington so I’d been training it all over the place and I mostly just wanted to sleep, but it’s always nice to do something a little different.

2015-05-21 19.07.112015-05-21 20.31.54

Then I filled more hours with my jet setting friend on Friday after work, mostly by following her around whilst she shopped for all her travelling essentials, of which there were many. Let me tell you, shopping when it’s muggy and humid out is not that fun, especially not when you’ve walked a mile to the shopping centre in the first place. I have lived and learnt from that experience. Now I am a bit sad that she’ll be leaving me soon, I know she’s going to be back, but it’s always a bit sad when a friend goes, no matter how long it’s for. I am also really excited for her, because this is such a huge adventure for her, so I cannot wait to here all about it every step of the way.

 

Now onto books, a very central point of this blog. If you follow me on instagram you know I am a bit of a shopaholic. I kind of binged a bit with my shopping over the last week and I’ve had various deliveries into my home. I think I’ll do a little photo shoot of the purchases that have arrived over the past week. This may include a book I received last week, but I don’t care.

2015-05-24 08.51.17

Now, you’d think with all these new buys I’d have been reading loads, right? Not so much. I’ve been reading, but I’ve not been enjoying some of my books as much as I’d like. I don’t know if it’s reading fatigue, or if it’s that I’m not reading books I enjoyed, but whatever it is I don’t approve. I’ve stopped and started a few books, and I’m even reading several books at the same time, something I’m really not a fan of, but oh well.

 

What I’ve Been Reading

17302559225858962824918798983

 

New To Me

18460392235734182507651428249282501879898320698530

And that is my week. I’ve barely touched my computer this week, so I’m quite glad it is a bank holiday weekend, it gives me chance to try and catch up on my blogging. Reviews to write, random bookish thoughts to talk about and also plenty of reading to be done.

 

How has your weekend been? Have you done anything exciting with the decent weather we’ve been having? Tell me all about it, and if you’ve got any good book recommendations please offer them too me and dithering between wanting to binge on good fantasy reads and wanting to gorge myself on some good old YA contemporary reads, I’m feeling some school nostalgia coming on for summer, so please recommend away.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.