Ten Books For Readers Who Like Books With Sport in Them

10 March 2015

I didn’t really know what was meant by this one, normally you get a bit of a prompt to give you some clues. I was going to do recommendations based on a single books, but I hate seeing things like that, you know when you see on book descriptions and you see the phrase ‘fans of… will love this’. I don’t like people saying I will like one thing based on the fact I liked something else. Sure, there is a chance I will, but it is not guaranteed. So, then I decided I will pick a topic and give recommendations based on that.

I recently read Catching Jordan, and it reminded how much I love football in books, and sport in general, and so I’ve decided to give you ten (or as many as I have) book recommendations for fans of sport in books. I’m talking about those who love sports films but the ide of watching on actual game of anything fills them with dread in reality. So, basically, they’re for the ones who like the idea of sport, as long as it comes heavy on people and other things or romance.

(American) Football

1850584517203923Score_CVR.indd
All Lined Up – Cora Carmack And all the Rusk University series, these books are great because they have spot in them, but I am obviously reading them for the romance.
Rush Me – Allison Parr For those who want romance but are going in with a cynical and negative view of football and it’s players, because this book is very good at changing your mind.
Catching Jordan – Miranda Kenneally And the rest of the Hundred Oak series, because I hear there are other sport type books in the series. These are for the YA fan who wants less of the romance, but more of the high school people drama.
107577711581353718465657
Shut Out – Kody Keplinger For those who want some sporting rivalry between the football and ‘soccer’ team resembling West Side Story but don’t actually want to read too much about actual sport.
Nowhere But Home – Liza Palmer For those who loved Friday Night Lights and want an adult perspective of living in a football town when football holds interest only in the fact family is involved.
The One & Only – Emily Giffin Another recommendation for Friday Night Lights fans (or I’m guessing) because this is on my TBR list too.

Dancing/Gymnastics/The Circus?

1803534222888864
The Hit List – Nikki Urang For fans of Step Up, because it’s a good film okay and dance school drama is always fun.
Amour Amour – Krista & Becca Ritchie For those who love gymnastics and dancing and dreamt about joining the circus until they realised how totally impractical that is.

Those Other Sports Like Football (Soccer For You Heathens) And MMA and All that Jazz

2184311720896313
Scoring Wilder – RS Grey For those who have lusted over their coach, that sexy guy on the football team, or any sports player really.
The Year We Fell Down – Sarina Bowen For those who know about set backs in life, also on my TBR list.

And that’s my list of books. It’s a bit eclectic, I know, but hopefully those interested in a good sports related romance novel will find something to interest you.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.