The Birthday Tag

25 February 2015

It is my birthday this week, I am reaching the grand old age of twenty four, I was going to basically let it pass by on the blog and do very little about it, but then Rachel over at Confessions of a Book Geek put of a Birthday Tag for her birthday this week, and it seemed the perfect opportunity to talk about something close to my heart… me.

 

What date is your birthday?

It is the 26th February (which should, hopefully be today… if I’ve scheduled this right).

 

What is your favourite kind of birthday cake?

425185_10151659149724695_539469803_nChocolate is a delicious kind, but I am a fan of chocolate cake for every occasion, not just birthdays. But… I do like birthday cake, the kind with the thick sickly icing and the jam and buttercream in the middle. And one year we bought a giant french fancy for my mom for her birthday, and that was pretty epic, as shown by the picture. below.

 

What is your birth stone?

It is amethyst, which I used to be so upset by. I wanted a cool birth stone, something cool like opal or diamond or something, not rubbish old amethyst that isn’t even worth anything. Then I realised amethysts are totally pretty and purple became my favourite colour, and the rest is history.

 

Which celebrities/famous people share your birthday?

Nate Ruess, singer of Fun and The Format, Corinne Bailey Rae, a singer, Johnny Cash. Those are the only names I recognise, and based on this evidence it is a sign I will one day become a very successful singer, my shared birth date says so.

 

What would be your ideal birthday present?

This is a hard one, because my family asked me what I wanted and all I could do was shrug and say books? I am the worst at knowing what I want, I either have a list as long as your arm, or no idea because I used up all my ideas at Christmas. The trouble is, as I get older, I have my own money to buy the things I want and so I stop having a list of things that I’ve been putting off buying. I’ve also stopped wanting so many frivolous things because I just don’t need it.

 

If you could invite anyone famous to your Birthday party, who would it be?

I would first of all like to say I hate parties, there are far too many people and I always feel dead awkward and normally end up drinking to relax, which can end messy, but, for this fictional birthday party I won’t be having I would be sorely tempted to invite someone I could have a laugh with, so someone like Emma Stone or Jennifer Lawrence if we’re doing the celebrity route, or someone like Graham Norton or Stephen Fry if we are going the fun people route, or probably just an author like Neil Gaiman to be able to sit and talk about books. But if we were going the dreamy eye candy route where I will not say actual words to them, but admire them from a distance, then it would have to be Chris Evans.

 

What is one of your favourite/funniest/happiest Birthday memories?

Well, that is a hard one. I think my twenty first was quite fun, even though I was at uni, because my friends took my out for a meal and it was just so relaxed and fun. It was a Sunday, so everywhere closed early, so we left the restaurant and they were convinced we needed a birthday cake, so we they went racing off to get one, and we were in Morecambe, which is miserable at the best of times, but at the end of February it is just cold and window there, with it being on the coast, it was just windy, raining and grim and we walked the pier and it was horrible, but it was fun because I was with friends, and they were scrambling around to get a birthday cake and I was just thinking screw this, lets go back home and drink warm drinks whilst wrapped in blankets nesting on the sofa.

 

If you could choose a different period in history to be born, when would it be?

I don’t know, I’ve always liked being a nineties child, it was a fun decade. I could easily say I wish I was born to witness a particular event, so maybe to have been a teenager in the nineties to properly experience grunge music and the bands I love when they first hit the scene, but as a whole I’m happy with when I was born because it’s worked for me.

 

And that is the birthday tag, I am going to go off and have a nice lunch with a friend and enjoy the day which is all about me. Please go check out Rachel’s blog if you get the chance, she is hosting a very generous giveaway for her birthday along with doing the birthday tag, so check it out.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.