Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

12 May 2014

That time of the week again. So, this week The Broke and the Bookish had proposed I tell you all about the books I almost put down, but didn’t.
rowell_ep_us
Don't shout at me, but I did almost put it down about halfway through. Everyone raved about it, but I just didn’t connect with it. I like it, it intrigued me, but it wasn’t love. I kind of just didn’t care. I persevered, though. I get why people liked it, even if it wasn’t love for me.
 Throne of Glass UK Cover
Again, don’t shout. I liked this book, at least. I did struggle with it to begin with. It was slow, it appeared quite predictable, I could not grasp why everyone was raving. The raving made me continue, and I am so glad I did.
9780755322817
This book I struggled big time with, I’m sure I’ve told you all that before. I did enjoy it, but when I first attempted to read this it was too big and unwieldy for my enjoyment. Attempt number two was much better, I am so glad I tried again with it.
divergent
Divergent was a book I picked up several times and didn’t quite manage to get into it. Eventually I got into it and loved it, and went on to be disappointed by the rest of the series, but what can you do?
tumblr_mblikq7ZH91rsqsjko1_1280
This series I, again, began several times but didn’t get hooked. It was an interesting premise, but I simply could not get hooked on the story. Eventually I was, it was freaking awesome, but it took a while, you know? I do strongly recommend this series to everyone. I know we are all tried of dystopians, but this one is definitely an original premise.
TTT Covers SLN
I am currently reading this. I have gone to read it several times, as everyone is always saying it’s awesome. I began, was a bit bored, then boo it drew me in and I couldn’t stop reading.
Book_Cover-Gayle_Forman-If_I_Stay-800x1200-85
Another raved about book. I think that is becoming a theme, people rave about a book, I start reading it, then I’m left wondering why. I get why they raved about this one, but when I began I just was not in the mood for it. Several pick ups later and I couldn’t put it down.
Bray_Diviners_HC
The Diviners I have mentioned before, I read it, stopped for a while because I didn’t like it, then continued reading because I had nothing else which had taken my fancy on my kindle. It was a good book, just takes a while to get into, the protagonist is not the most likable.
9780544003415
I began reading this back when I was like eleven or something. Back when these books were being released as films. I started reading them several times, because they are long, unwieldy and dead hard to read. They were way beyond my reading level, but I persevered and I am glad I can say I have read these books, I don’t know when I will read them again, though.
a-discovery-of-witches
I know I’ve mentioned this too. I began reading this a couple of times, and put it down. It was long and daunting and I never was quite in the right mood to power through, then, for whatever reason I carried on reading. Anyone else a bit wary of reading it, please do, it’s long and worth it.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.