Veronica Mars is Awesome-sauce

19 April 2014

This is not a review. It is not unbiased. It is not impartial. It is pure fangirl flailing about and awesome thing that happened.

When I saw the kickstarter event for Veronica Mars I was psyched. I loved the series. Adored it even. I was devastated that it had ended and was thrilled to see an attempt at reviving, especially since it was the stars and creators themselves that were motivated to do it, as opposed to fans campaigning for it. You all know the story. It got funded, and it got made. Fast forward to March and it was released.

I live in the UK and when I saw that it was only released in select cinemas here, none of which were close enough for me to travel to, and I was heartbroken. I was so excited for the film and then I didn't even have a chance to watch it. What I didn't realise until last week is that it was released digitally at the same time as its cinema release. That is unheard of, but who cares, I paid my £15 and watched the shit out of that film. I squealed, I cringed I laughed, I cried. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if her and Logan would get back together because they were so definitely freaking epic. I won't spoil. I won't reveal. I will just tell you all to watch the series. Watch the film. Watch it all, because God damn is it awesome.
Well, that's easy. The characters. The stories. Everything is awesome about Veronica Mars. I used to watch a lot of high school teen dramas like The OC and One Tree Hill. Veronica Mars was so refreshing because, yes, it was set at high school and had occasional teen drama, but it was so much more. It was set in a high school, but that really wasn't what it was about. It was a teen crime, mystery, drama thing. There were amazing friendships that made you all warm and happy inside. Wonderful family dynamics, and some really shockingly terrible ones as well.

Essentially this is a great shows because it has the perfect level of wit, sarcasm, realism and fantasy. It is a perfect balance of things one enjoys watching on TV and it comes highly recommended, I mean, Joss Whedon likes this show! That guy knows what he is talking about. He created Buffy and Firefly, some of the greatest shows on earth.
So, the essentially Veronica Mars is about this girl who's father is a disgraced former sheriff and has transitioned into being a private investigator to use his investigative skills. Veronica, she pretends she is just like a secretary doing general admin type stuff, answering phones etc. but everyone knows she is following in her father's footsteps. She is driven by the trauma of her best friend's murder, she needs to know who did it. Each season was driven by an overarching mystery and Veronica's need to know what's going on.

Veronica has major trust issues, not surprising when you see what she has been through season to season. You see her trust issues with every relationship she has with people, there is a couple who are allowed in her inner circle, but even then there is no guarentee she trusts them fully. I think that's why I love her, she is sarcastic and quippy and is real, I don't trust easily either. It's nice to have someone who feels real on TV, or she was on TV anyway.
Well... that's all from me about V Mars. I don't think I can do it justice convincing you all of how great it is. I think I tried, though.


Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.